- Volume 10 of A History of Western Philosophy: The Twentieth Century to Wittgenstein and Sartre by W. T. Jones. I haven't read the first 9 volumes; I found this one in a used book store. But I like Jones approach and he makes things clear. I may pick up the other volumes when I can. Now on page 49.
- I finished The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers. Good new fashioned space opera. That is, all the wonders of space opera plus interesting aliens, well developed characters (some of them female!). Lots of fun. I wrote a review.
- Frederick the Great: King of Prussia by Tim Blanning. A very good bio of a remarkable ruler, but I wish there were more maps (I often wish this!) and the descriptions of battles could be more detailed. p. 235.
- Tips on Cardplay by Mike Lawrence. Lawrence is one of the best bridge writers alive. Play is the worst part of my game. This book also includes some tips on defense. p. 73.
- Google Blogger for Dummies by Susan Gunelius. All about Google Blogger! I like it. But I'm still learning. p. 243.
- Modernity and its Discontents by Steven B. Smith. About the Enlightenment and counter Enlightenment and how to have the best of both. About 42% through (on my Kindle, no page numbers).
- Perdido Street Station by China Mievelle. High level science fiction. This one is a bit on hold. Page 22.
- Overcoming Anxiety and Depression on the Autism Spectrum by Lee Wilkinson. Takes a cognitive behavioral approach. Not my favorite approach, but it summarizes the method well. 16% through (no page numbers on my Kindle).
- How to Reassess your Chess by Jeremy Silman. A really good chess book. p 21.
- The New York Times - I read the front section every day (although I am sometimes behind!), Science Times on Tuesdays, parts of the Food section on Wednesdays and the Book Review and Magazine on Sundays
- The Economist - Nothing beats it for coverage of world news.
- New York Review of Books - Because I love books
- Mother Jones - Because it aligns with my views.
- The ACBL Bridge Bulletin - I like bridge
- Bridge World - I like bridge. This is mostly too advanced for me, but I like the Master Solvers' Club
- Foreign Affiars - Good in-depth articles.
- Asimov's Science Fiction. My favorite story this month was The Mind is its own Place by Carrie Vaughn
- Various professional publications