- A New History of Western Philosophy by Anthony Kenny. This is a very good history of the subject, well written and clear. Kenny follows an unusual strategy in that he takes two approaches: He first covers each era in a more-or-less chronological order, then he looks at the big topics of that era in a systematic way. I am on p. 200.
- The Great Formal Machinery Works: Theories of Deduction and Computation at the Origins of the Digital Age by Jan van Plato. An examination of formal logic and computation. I am on p. 69.
- High Price: A Neuroscientist's Journey of Self-Discovery that Challenges Everything you Know About Drugs and Society by Carl Hart. Why everything you know (or thought you knew) about illicit drugs is wrong. I am on p. 165.
- I started and finished Black Flag Alpha by Stephen Konkoly. My review is here.
- I finished A Hat Full of Sky, the second book in the Tiffany Aching series by Terry Pratchett. My review is here.
- I started The Language of Bridge by Kit Woolsey. This is a great book about the game, Woolsey analyzes things in a way that is different from other authors. For intermediates and up.
- I started Hard Road by J. B. Turner. I am on page 4.
- Lenin: The Man, the Dictator, the Master of Terror by Viktor Sebestyen. So far, it's very good. I am on p. 220.
- I finished Escape Clause by John Sandford. The latest in the Virgil Flowers series. Good stuff.
That's what I'm reading. What are you reading?