Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Some new words: The under words

There are some words we need but don't have.  One set of these are the opposite of words starting in over-.  Some of these do exist.  The opposite of overestimate is underestimate, just as an example.

But what about:

  • Underslept - which is the opposite of overslept.  As in "I'm sorry I'm so tired but I underslept last night". 
  • Undereat - "How did you lose weight?" "I underate."
  • Underanalyze - "Why didn't you understand what I meant instead of just what I said?"  "I guess I underanalyzed it, sorry.
  • "Overcapable" means too capable.  But, right now, a lot of people think we have a president who is undercapable.
  •  "How do you always have so much free time?"  "I undercommit myself".
What other under words do we need?

No comments:

Post a Comment