Saturday, April 7, 2018

What are you reading? April 7, 2018

Here's what I am reading.  Feel free to comment with what you are reading.
  • Started this week
    • Medieval Europe by Chris Wickham.  1000 years in 250 pages.  Seems like a very good introduction to the period. I am on page 33.
    • This Idea is Brilliant edited by John Brockman.  Short essays on a wide range of ideas by experts. I am on p. 24.
  • In progress this week
    • The Mathematical Theory of Bridge by Emile Borel and Cheron Andre. Probability and bridge. Lots of math. I am on page 113.
    • Enlightenment Now by Steven Pinker. Why the Enlightenment is still important, why life is still good.  I am on p. 55.
    • Sunvault: Stories of Solarpunk and eco-speculation  by Daniel Jose Older.  Solarpunk is a new and optimistic sub-genre of science fiction.  I am on p. 9
    • A New History of Western Philosophy by Anthony Kenny. This is a very good history of the subject, well written and clear.  Kenny follows an unusual strategy in that he takes two approaches: He first covers each era in a more-or-less chronological order, then he looks at the big topics of that era in a systematic way.  I am on p. 525, in the Enlightenment.
  • Finished this week

No comments:

Post a Comment