Saturday, November 25, 2017

A laxative poem for the irregular verb

English has a lot of irregular verbs.  It can get confusing!  When you are irregular, you need a laxative. So, here is a laxative for the English irregular verb.

I sometimes bite the things I bitBut should I fight the things I fit?
Or perhaps spite what I once spit?

I can still spin the things I spun
And I can win whatever I won
But I can't dine on what I've done.

The things I drink will soon be drunk.
The things I shrink will soon be shrunk.
And so, the past of pink is punk.
And what I clink will have been clunk.

The things I teach have long been taught.
The things I buy have now been bought.
But can I reach what I have wrought?
And what I fry - is it all fraught?

I no longer grow but I grew
And I hope I know more than I knew.
But I can't throw as well as I threw. 
But after I slow did I slew?

You say that I'm not done, perhaps.
There are more irregulars! What a lapse!
But I can't do them all and make
This poem short enough to take.






No comments:

Post a Comment