Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Book review: Trading in Danger by Elizabeth Moon

Book: Trading in Danger
Author: Elizabeth Moon
Year published: 2004

Review: Good, fun military/adventure SF.  Kylara Vatta is the daughter of the chief financial officer of a large corporation. She's just been dismissed from the military academy and is assigned to pilot an old spaceship to the scrapyard on a distant planet.  But things don't go as planned and lots of adventure ensues, which I won't spoil for you.

This is old-fashioned stuff, but it's good old-fashioned stuff. It's well-written and the plot keeps the pages turning. I stayed up late to finish. But, unlike the author's Speed of Dark, this book has nothing really profound in it that I could see. That's OK, and this sort of book is fine with me, it's just a little unexpected since I just finished Speed of Dark a few days ago.

I'll be reading the rest of the Vatta's War series, of which Trading in Danger is the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment