Monday, October 10, 2016

Book review: Widows' Walk by Robert Parker

Year published: 2002
Date I finished reading: Oct 10, 2016
Genre: Mystery
Rating: B-

Review: Widows' Walk is the 29th book in the Spenser series.  When Nathan Smith is shot to death, his widow, Mary, is suspect number 1.  They were alone in the house together. They fought earlier in the day. He's insured for $10,000,000.  But .... Spenser is hired by her lawyer to investigate.  And, very quickly, things get very complicated and very violent.Too complicated for me.  I got lost.

Widows' Walk  is among my least favorite in the series. Not only is the plot too complex, but there are uncomfortable scenes of Spenser and others not quite disapproving of police brutality and there are some unfortunate confusions about the nature of homosexuality.  I expect better of Mr. Parker and, ususally, I get it.


No comments:

Post a Comment